Fighting Tactics and Mottos
- If the opponent is coming, get out of the way!
- Changing according to the changing of the enemy.
- Thrust forward when the hand is freed. When launching a punch, keep the elbow in the middle.
- While the others move along the back of the bow, we move along the bowstring.
- Violent Continuous attacks With Breaching Steps.
- Hitting the head, is the best defense against a kick.
- Trapping two-arms by one-arm.
- Never launch a single punch in fist fighting.
- No flipping sideward, no blocking upward; don’t lift up any heavy pressure with brute force, don’t press down the opponent’s hands with overbearing power.
- Attack is the best defense.
- Defend and attack simultaneously.
- Give attention to both hands simultaneously.
- Counter an attack with an attack.
- Refrain from attacking against the fully reinforced part of your opponent, but attack his unprepared part.
- Stay with it when it comes, follow right after it when it withdraws. If your arm is freed, just thrust it outwards.
- For every attack there must be a defense.
- Apply a vertical attack to intercept a horizontal, and vice versa.
- To practice the whole set (of forms) within the range for the cow to lie on.
Mottos Related to Stance:
- Push the head against the sky and stand firmly on the ground.
- Head up with horizontal vision.
- Containable chest and elevated back.
- Straighten the Waist and ‘Suck-in’ the abdomen.
- While the trunk being turned, the center line lies on the shoulder.
Mottos Related to hand movements:
- The sinking elbow and drooping shoulder.
- When Launching the Hand Movement – Look where the hand goes.
Mottos Related to Bong-Sau:
- When the head is pressed down, the tail rises up.
- Bong Sau is not a hand movement itself!